Deep Dive Speciality
The lure of the deep. There’s something exciting and mysterious about exploring deeper dive sites while scuba diving. Sometimes it’s a wreck that attracts you below 18 metres/60 feet, and on wall dives it may be a giant fan or sponge. Whatever it is, to scuba dive with confidence at depths down to 40 metres/130 feet, you should take the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course.
- From 2 to 3 days.
- PADI Adventure Diver or equivalent.
- At least 15 years old.
- Need to be in good physical health.
What will you learn?
Your training starts by reviewing reasons for deep diving and how important it is to know your personal limits. During four deep dives with your instructor, you’ll go over:
- Specialized deep diving equipment.
- Deep dive planning, buddy contact procedures and buoyancy control.
- Managing your gas supply, dealing with gas narcosis and safety considerations.
What scuba gear will you use?
You’ll need a dive computer along with the rest of your basic scuba equipment. A dive light and slate are also recommended.
Are you fit to dive?
More info at PADI.com